Monday, August 4, 2008

"So Abram Left"

If you missed Sunday you missed a great kick-off to a wonderful new study of characters of the Old Testament. Jon and I taught on chapter 12 where God calls Abram to leave everything behind and go where He calls him to go. This is the 3rd time we have taught on this chapter, and I learn soemthing new every time. We were hurrying to get through all the insights from this chapter in our short 30 minutes. One of the main things I enjoyed were the 3 words "So Abram left". It was as simple as that. God called him and he went. Oh, to be that obedient!

Of course, we also saw how 6 short verses later after suffering through a famine, Abram stumbles and tries to take matters into his own hands. It means so much to me that God allowed HIs word to include the times His people mess up too. That makes me have hope because I know I'm going to mess up time and again! Abram was called to go through a desert as was Jesus during HIs temptation and as many of us have been and will be again. We need to learn to rest on God's promises and not try to help Him out!

I thought I learned so much studying and researching this lesson to teach, but when I got to class I learned so much from each of you and your insights into scripture. That is how God designed it to be, I believe, for us to feed each other!

We missed those of you who were unable to be with us and hope to see you soon.In order to encourage you not to miss next week's exciting meeting, here's a teaser:

If you missed class this week you missed:
-Me single handedly starting a crime spree!
-Learning that Nico, the Apples' youngest, can pick locks already!
-Abram was thought to be as crazy as Ray Consella (?) when he plowed under his cornfield.
-Abram basically sold his wife for some goats which really upset Kyla!
-Brad found his promised land in Oregon.
-Chris really likes sausage casserole.

See what you missed? See you Sunday!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So.........THANK YOU for doing this blog....I am really enjoying it Tonya!

Kyla said...

You and Jon did an awesome job!!!! I LOVE studying the BIBLE!